Citizens of Humanity
Citizens of Humanity is one of the few denim companies that own all of their production vertically which helps not only to control their quality but also their sustainability. They go through great lengths to use the most ecologically sustainable technology and practice. They focus on reducing waste of water and gas consumption in various progressive ways. Read more about it in an interview on their website.
- O-zone wash is a combination of electricity and gas to create a wash that consumes less than 1/10 the water usage.
- Citizens of Humanity began using a laser machine to add abrasions to denim - this process saves multiple water steps and reduces their gas consumption by 20-30%.
- The company invests in high-efficiency dye and washing machines that reduce water, chemical usage, and power by over 70%.
- High-efficiency dryers use 40% less gas.
- E flow is an innovative wash process that applies softer and resin to denim - and allows –Citizens of Humanity to use less than 60% of the water and applications than prior.
Check out our latest Citizens of Humanity collection.
Monique van Heist
The idea of the Hello Fashion project 2009: to create a continuous collection for ten years that is constantly growing. A good design can last for years by always using different colors, prints, and materials. No fuss, just: good quality pieces that have proven their usefulness and timelessness. Some of the fabrics are organic or GOTS certified, in addition, Monique looks at the quality of fabrics, in order to make them last longer. Read more about Hello Fashion in the interview she recently had with the newspaper ‘De Volkskrant’ (in Dutch).
Check out her new styles in store now!
Rue Blanche has a line of clothing consisting of recycled fabrics. We have a few items in our collection.
Can Pep Rey
Can Pep Rey aims to create a collection that is long lasting in terms of quality, in fabric and production, and also in terms of creating seasonless products that you want to wear for a long time. Moreover, they pay attention to which fabric compositions they buy, mainly using natural and organic fibers and recycled materials where possible.
All of Susan Bijl’s products are crafted from Bluesign®-certified Ripstop nylon. Not only is it strong and durable, but it can hold a great amount of weight. Using fabric made under the Bluesign-certificate eliminates harmful substances from the manufacturing process. It sets and maintains standards for products that are both safe and environmentally-friendly. The fabric has a water-based coating that’s also water-repellent or even waterproof. This has a smaller environmental impact than a traditional PU coating.
Guanábana, a company founded by Almudena Espinosa over a decade ago. Guanabana is based in Spain and is known for her hand-woven Wayuu bags and belts in vivid geometric patterns and colors. All items from Guanabana are handcrafted by hand by the Wayuu people on the Guajira Peninsula in northern Colombia. These hand techniques have been passed down for centuries and are a symbol of creativity and wisdom. With this cooperation Guanabana contributes to the sustainability of the Wayuu community and the beauty of Colombian folklore crafts is maintained. The bags and belts are of high quality because they are made with care and completely by hand. Inspiration comes from traditional techniques and the richness of colors and materials, which creates unique products.
- Monique van Heist Tunicdress XL red silky € 361,-
- Can Pep Rey Emily jumpsuit black € 350,-
- Monique van Heist No 10 shirt white cotton € 393,-
- Guanabana Medium Wayuu bag pink blue € 110,-
- Citizens of Humanity Amber jumpsuit Ginger € 460,-
- Citizens of Humanity Campbell jeans Render € 369,-
- Susan Bijl Raincoat Wall € 99,90
- Citizens of Humanity Olivia jeans Solo € 328,-
- Monique van Heist No 5 blouse navy signal € 310,-
- Monique van Heist No 10 long dress blue cotton € 415,-
- Guanabana Belt blue red € 59,-
- Rue Blanche Compact MC t-shirt white € 55,-
- Rue Blanche Eco MC t-shirt Green € 45,-
- Guanabana Belt red pink € 59,-
- Can Pep Rey Classic jogging pants caviar € 260,-
- Rue Blanche Eco MC t-shirt grey blue € 45,-
- Susan Bijl Shoppingbag L Pool & Wall € 29,90
- Susan Bijl Pouch M Pool & Lobster € 17,90
- Monique van Heist No 10 shirt chestnut canvas € 447,-
- Monique van Heist LOL mini red silky € 231,-
- Can Pep Rey Oversized S/S sweater doeskin € 230,-
- Can Pep Rey Emily jumpsuit curry € 350,-
- Citizens of Humanity Annina jeans Blue Mirage € 369,-
- Citizens of Humanity Liya jeans coastal € 338,-